Saturday, January 29, 2011

SAT, 29-01-11 : MONKEY BUSINESS!

We were on the way to Bukit Panjang Plaza to do some grocery shopping when we chanced upon this fella at the covered walkway, leading to the mall. It looked innocent enough but it clearly wasn't!

As Ryan was pretty excited at seeing a real life monkey so upclose ... he kinda squealed a little! But the monkey wasn't pleased at all & took a couple of grimacing steps forward & showed us his row of very sharp teeth. Arrgh! I was scared too ... not to mention my boy! Some guy even gave the monkey an orange (we shouldn't feed wild monkeys rite?).

Making our way back to our car, I assumed that the monkey would be gone but alas it was still there! He kinda recognised Ryan & walked over to my boy rather menacingly. We walked past it quickly. I realised that the adage that wild animals are dangerous were so very true! This small monkey was (ultra) fierce & it definitely wasn't afraid of people. Infact, it was chasing nearly everyone away with its extremely unfriendly ways.

Or maybe its was just lost (& stressed) & didn't know how to get back home ...

Well ... as we were walking away, I grabbed my digicam & managed to get a pic. I had to snap fast (& zoomed-in) as I wasn't gonna risk it, lunging at me after the camera flashed.

Naughty, naughty ... little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment